Wednesday 12 November 2014

Project I - Origami Study Lamp (Design)

All the research and study helped me summarise what I wanted in my design......


INITIAL SKETCHES




I made origami models to decide which form is the most ideal for the design. The light had to be contained in order to produce the most directed light for the study task. For this purpose the origami had to be closed.







Finally I came up with a form that was easily makeable and closed at the same time. My deesign involved designing a light with a personal touch to it.
The lamp evolved as a functional product that connected to me personally in the form of providing confidence and reassurance to me in my times of struggle by reminding me of my mom who was my guiding light since my youth!


My main material was metal due to the fact that it could be bent and still be stable. Metal also allowed me to create an embellishment on its surface which could be reflected on it thereby creating a pattern on the light. 

FINAL SHEETS




No comments:

Post a Comment